Sunday 26 January 2014

Shank's Mare - the figures

So, yesterday, the challenge was to walk 2.5 miles continuously, as that's where I'm supposed to be on the graph of now until 6 miles on 23rd March.

As you know, rain paused play but didn't stop it, so what - I hear you putative stats-heads cry - were the final figures?

Glad you asked. I have a tracking app on my phone, courtesy of Google. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn it on until quite late, paused it at the chip shop, then neglected to turn it on  again. Courtesy of Google again, I've tracked our whirligig rain-walking adventures:

Home to Tommy Tucker - 1.2 miles

TT to Waterstones - 1 mile (the bridge was out - we went the long way round)

WS to The Eagle, via Kings and the crazy clock - 0.3 miles

Eagle to The Station - ~1.4 miles because we went a slightly odd way to start with.

That all-important first part was, with standing 10 minute pause, 2.2 miles, which overall took just over an hour. Minus the pause, you have a respectable time and speed, especially considering the rain and the massive standing puddles we had to negotiate at one point, plus shoppers at other points.

I'm pretty pleased with that, I have to say, and particularly grateful to my partner for accompanying me (and suggesting proper shelter, and not complaining about the weather).

My legs are definitely fatigued, and a bit achey, but not devastatingly so. We'll see how they do after tonight's gig, with all the stairs, box-carrying, and standing that needs to take place.

Next weekend I'm in Cardiff. I'll have to see if my dad's up for a 3+ mile walk... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment