Monday 24 February 2014

Painful Progress

I suppose you'll want to know how my neck/ shoulder is getting on.

Ow.

Okay, it's less ow than it was, but it doesn't like:
  • Carrying things
  • Putting the handbrake on
  • Changing into 2nd gear
  • Stretching out and lifting/ pulling things with it
  • Sharp neck movements (try not to surprise me from the side, eh?)
  • Me lying on it
  • Me lying on the opposite side to it (huh?!)
  • The inexorable passage of linear time (presumably)

So it's not going all that well, but thanks for asking.

I can feel myself slipping back into bad habits of "I'll do that later" and "Oh, it doesn't count if I skip a day, right? I'm so tiiiired..." etc.

So I'll go to the gym tomorrow, even if it's only to pound on the stationary bike and avoid looking anything else in the eye.

I'll make a plan about walking in/ home on either Wednesday or Friday.

Hey, thanks for listening, this has really helped.  You're difficult to make excuses to, but you don't judge.  Go you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment